Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The newest memeber of our Family

Introducing Samuel Alden Leikis,
born January 30, 2012 at 3:44 p.m.
Weighting in at 7 lbs 3 oz and 19 inches long.


The plan was to have a Csection on January 31st, however when I went to my doctor appointment the Wednesday before that I was dilated to a 3 so Dr. Horsley wanted to see me Monday morning. At that appointment I was dilated to a 4 and he gave me the option to have it that day or wait until the next day... It all seemed so crazy but I choose to go ahead with that day. He told us to come back to the hospital and check in at 1 p.m and likely the delivery would be around 3. So that is exactly what happened. The surgery went pretty well I was extremely nervous and just before everything started my blood pressure dropped really low and I felt really icky, however the anesthesiologist was watching me pretty closely and took care of that pretty quickly. It seemed to happen so fast and we were extremely happy when at 3:44 our sweet Samuel was born. They actually kept him in that room so I was able to see him and watch as they cleaned him up and checked him out. They did have to hook him up to something to help get all the liquid out of his lungs. Apparently something really common with C section deliveries is that they don't get the liquid squeezed out of their lungs. He was hooked up to that for only an hour and doing great. That is when they brought him to me and let me hold him for the first time. I felt an overwhelming amount of love and gratitude that this little guy was here safe with us.
Later that evening Nana and Papa Leikis brought Kambree and Konnor to meet their new baby brother. They were really excited :)

Russ and I just before delivery

First time I held Samuel


Kambree and Konnor holding Samuel