Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Summary of the last few weeks...



The kids spend most the time playing with their friends both inside and outside. I hardly take any pictures so I think I need to start because it is so great to see the kids happy.

We also celebrated with Nolan (my nephew) for his 3rd Birthday!
(Friday July 25)


Nolan, Kambree, Konnor and Sera...
We had a great time!

The next day we were in Mendon celebrating Pioneer Day. The kids played games, won prizes, held bunnies, ate yummy food with all the family and then later enjoyed the fireworks!!


August 2
Russell had a work party, Spiricon was celebrating their 30th Anniversary. The party was at the Celebration Center in Logan. We had a lot of fun with all the activities there. (Go carts, mini golf, soft play for the kids, other rides...) Then we had a catered dinner and prizes, I believe there was actually a prize for everyone but we won a digital camera... pretty cool.



August 3

My Mom, Lynn, Heather and Katie came for a quick visit. They came Sunday and we had dinner at Brandon's and got to hang out together. Heather and Katie stayed with us so that was a lot of fun for me. Heather and I stayed up way too late talking.... Monday we took all 6 grandchildren to get their pictures taken at Kiddie Kandids. It went better than I expected we got so really cute pictures! We did some shopping and then had dinner at my place and the kids had a lot of fun playing outside together.
Sadly the had to leave early Tuesday morning but it was a great visit!







And in between all of that over the weekend I read Breaking Dawn!!! I went and got it Friday night and started it right away, and then by Sunday night I was finished. Yes I didn't sleep much but I enjoyed the book and I'm glad to know how it all ended.

6 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I'm so glad to see some new pictures of your cutie kids. You guys sure have been having a fun summer. By the way, I love your Pres. Hinckley quote, I hope you don't mind if I steal that for my blog!

Tina said...

Looks like you guys have had tons of fun lately! Your kids look so happy and excited in all of the pictures.

I've never been to the celebration center, but I always hear about that place. Is it worth going do you think??
Also, I'm a bit jealous that you've already read Breaking Dawn... I've been trying to resist the urge to buy it. I figure I can borrow it from someone or patiently wait my turn at the library! lol! So, if you want to lend your book out... :)

Jessica said...

Looks like a good time! Summer is the best for that. Kambree has the biggest smile in that picture I love it. She looks soo happy!

Hilarie said...

Shauntae! I loved that quote from Pres. Hinckley so much too, I stole it from someone else's blog!

Tina! The celebration center was a lot of fun, but from the signs we saw it looks sorta pricey... If you went and only did a few of the things it probably wouldn't be too bad.
Also, Breaking Dawn was great!! :) I couldn't' resist buying it, it was only like $14 but I'm sure you can borrow it if you'd like. There are a few other people who have already asked me....

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

I love it when we have my nieces and nephews around! I miss not seeing them back here in Missouri! It looks like you are playing your summer away, the best way to do it! I preordered Breaking Dawn and got it on Wednesday, and finished it on Friday! I loved it! I am a little sad that the saga is all over! But at least I can look forward to the movie, and then the book from Edwards point of view!

Amber said...

I love that you caught up all in one post - I should do that! Cute pictures too :)