Saturday, October 11, 2008

Grandpa Jones


This is my Grandpa Jones, he passed away September 20th at age 85. I was fortunate as a kid to live really close to my grandparents and spend a lot of time with them. My grandma likes to tell me stories about when I was young I liked to tease my grandpa a lot, her favorite story to tell me is how Grandpa was teasing me by locking me outside, running to both doors to make sure I couldn't get in. (of course in Grandma's story she says I wasn't very happy he did that :) But I just loved that he would tease back! He's always been a man of little words. When I was driving to Idaho Falls for the funeral the thing that made me smile was I remembered how Grandpa always said he was just getting older and uglyer.
A little bit about him:
He served in the Navy for three years during WWII, worked hard for his family, enjoyed his hobbies of hunting and horseback riding, Father to 6 kids, 48 grandchildren and 39 great-grandchildren.
He was a good man and he will certainly be missed.

2 comments:

Trina said...

I like the little collage of pictures. That's great that so many of you were able to attend the funeral. I knew the very quiet Grandpa. So it's nice to read stories about him being a tease.

The Palmers said...

What nice pictures. It was nice to meet you guys at the funeral. I hope to see more of you.